A few questions

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by truthstar, Apr 15, 2008.

1. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've read a bunch into Pwnage but still are a tad bit confused.

As far as making your own restore images, I assume that includes applications, settings, etc.

Besides that I my main question is am I able to make a custom image of my current 1.1.3 system I have on my touch before trying to dabble with any new firmwares? Or is it a process I have to do after using pwnage to jailbreak?

Currently there is still no reasonable way to backup our music/video library on our touch?
  2. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I think you are very confused! Right now you can make a custom image from when the ipod boots up and when it's in recovery mode. It has nothing to do with apps and all that stuff.
  4. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So you're telling me if I put my iPod touch into restore mode I can make an image of it using Pwnage?

I'm sorry I'm coming off as an ass, I've had 1.1.3 for the past few months, I'm waiting for a final 2.0. But I want to know if I can backup my custom ipod touch with this and restore it later with the image that it creates. Or exactly what this does in dumb down terms.

Thanks for anyone being considerate.
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Well the big problem is that even if you back up all your apps and stuff they won't run on 2.0 anyway. As Pwnage developes you will be able to make firmware with the apps and stuff you want already loaded so when you have to restore they will already be there. You can alreadu manually back up your media or just use iTunes.
  6. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

Also, you cannot make a 'custom' ipsw with any firmware older than 1.1.4
  7. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

yes you can 1.1.3

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So right now I could use Pwnage to backup my ipod 1.1.3 as an image so that if I fool with anything and brick/mess it up I can restore it with the image I created?

Would customizing the boot screen be something I have to restore my ipod first to do?

thank you for the help thus far.
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    That's not how it works. It doesn't make a backup of you device.
  10. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So how do you make your own custom firmware? Do you take the image on your computer or what?