A Few Questions

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by kholdilocks, Apr 5, 2008.

1. kholdilocks

kholdilocks Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is making your custom ISPW not like JBing and isntalling apps?

And I dont know if I want to PWN or not. With all the bricked touches and everything. Can someone convince me otherwise?
  2. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Well, when you make a custom firmware, it is pre-jailbroken, so you don't need to run iLib, Z, or iJB.

I have had zero problems with Pwnage, and its the most stable JB I've ever used. Haven't really bothered to customize the ipsw that I built anymore than to create them. I love how if I need to restore, I can restore to a jailbroken and fresh 1.1.4.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The only reason people want to "Pwn" is to either have 2.0 or have Steve & the Pwnapple to make them feel better about themselves

Please Register or Log in to view images

They SAY they want to make a "Custom Firmware" that'll have a backup of their apps so all they have to do is restore and all the Apps are there.

But its up to you. I'd stick with ZiPhone or iLiberty until the IPSW tool comes out.

(By iPhone Project, same people as iLiberty)
  4. kholdilocks

kholdilocks Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So, it will just make installing apps much faster and more convenient by allowing me to create custom firmware that has already loaded all my applications?
  5. Firespray

Firespray Banned

Yes, it allows you to preload Installer.app for instance into the firmware so that when you restore using that firmware, Installer will already be on there without having to jailbreak using ZiPhone or things like that.