a few questions

Discussion in 'iPhysics [old jailbreak version]' started by momiar13, Feb 11, 2008.

1. momiar13

momiar13 New Member

hello all, I have a few questions,

1) I made a levelpack, and when I save it it says 'save succesful'. but when I ssh in my ipod it isn't updated in the iphysics>games folder. it does show when I execute Iphysics, but im not able to play it (see 3)

2) is there a way to delete levels/levelpacks you saved to your ipod? I deleted it from the iphysics>games folder however when I execute iphysics it is still there.

3) I made a level and when I execute it in iphysics at first it shows the opening screen (the background that comes with Iphys LE) and when I tap it it either stays there or it goes to the next screen, which is black, without a target or a ball, I can draw shapes however.

however when I open open seBsZ's demolevel, delete everything he made, load my own background and place the lines, ball and target and then save it to my ipod I am able to play it. But it is in seBsZ levelpack and ofcourse I want to be able to make my own levelpack

Please Register or Log in to view images

4) I also had the gravity problem and I found the gravity-line in the .plist, but doesn't it get overwritten when you save the next time? and what would be a sollution for this?

5) what does ticking 'use flags' do?

6) what does 'static circle target' do?

7) what is the difference between static line and static polygon?

If you need more information to help me, please reply and please try to be specific on what I need to open/copy/do as I'm quite new to this.

thank you very much for answering any of these questions. even if it's only one, as Im full of ideas but at this moment they dont get any further than my mind

2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I became familiar with the level.plist files before there was an editor, you should do the same. Read all of this documentation, and open up a premade level and check it out......

http://iphysics.r4m0n.net/index.php?title=IPhysics_Levelpack_Format

My email: rfergus@telusplanet.net

Hope that helps.. email me with any questions you may have...
  3. momiar13

momiar13 New Member

first of all, thank you very much for your quick reply, I will start studying right away

and when I get stuck I will email you

after a first look i cant imagine I will get it straight away

to answer your questions,

I used the transfer to iPhone feature, only that way the level appears when i excecute iphysics, however this might be because I use cuteftp (which answers your other question) but Ill have a go with WinSCP.

for now ill read the documentation and try to fix my level myself, if that doesn't work ill sent it for you to have a check.

again, thank you very much for your reply
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

No problem. The problem here is that the editor hasn't been updated in ages, and you can't open most of the newer levels on it. Anything with motors, or Linear or prismatic joints, or custom dynamics won't load. Try to load up something simple in the editor, and then look at the plist to see what is actually going on. Have fun!
  5. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

I have tried to make a level pack but then said screw it.
  6. momiar13

momiar13 New Member

a Little update:

I have downloaded WinSCP and I find it way better than cuteftp. but even beter: it transfers my plist files

so after reading the documentation I have made a little test level and it works! it is just very basic, but from here on I can go on. the crazy ideas are flying through my head

however, I am not that far yet. first I will make a basic levelpack and after that I have a few ideas for motors etc.
  7. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Excellent! The ideas for this engine are still endless, I have about 6 different mods/games on the go right now

8. momiar13

momiar13 New Member

heey rawd,

I get most of the basics now I want to start using motors, but to do that I will first need to make joints. I find the doc. not very clear on what the difference is between the 3 types of joints, could you (or someone else) explain this to me?
  9. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I find the best way to figure things out is to look at someone elses work. Download my 'moto-pack', and take a look at how the motors work there. I have a rotation, and a prismatic joints on motors in that pack. Mess with the values on the motors, and see what happens.

Keep in mind that once you attach motors to joints, you will no longer be able to load your level in SeBzS editor. SO make sure your level is how you want it, and make a backup.