A few questions...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by brendanm, Feb 10, 2009.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

So today I jail-broke my iPod Touch completely and went to my mothers house and used WiFi to pick up a few apps and some themes. Well, here's my questions:

1. After jail-breaking, the battery life seems much less then before. Why is this? How do I fix this?

2. How can you port a SummerBoard theme for WinterBoard? WinterBoard is easier to install via USB SSH. All I want is the Iron Man Theme, so if someone could throw it together and upload it, it'd be much appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. After installing volume boost, I don't notice hardly ANY difference. Why is this? Is there an application I can download to increase volume?

Thanks again,

Brendan
  2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What sort of apps did you install from cydia?
    No clue on this one. Why didn't you just install winterboard and then Iron Man theme while you were using your mother's Wifi?
    Have you tried rebooting the device?
  3. mikeman118

mikeman118 New Member

1. If you have a lot of apps running in the background (such as SBSettings, QuickGold, or SSH) it can affect your battery life. I personally have not had any problems with it, but other people have. Video wallpapers use huge amounts of battery.

2. Summerboard themes should work with Winterboard: "WinterBoard is an open source application that promises to apply any SummerBoard theme" (from http://www.appleiphoneapps.com/2008/08/how-to-use-winterboard-summerboard-replacement-a-walkthrough/)

In fact there's a Iron Man theme in Cydia, but if you don't have Wi-Fi I'll try to find you an online link.

3. I'm pretty sure volume boost is supposed to be just for the iPhone, so it may not make a difference.
  4. B3njaminX23

B3njaminX23 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1.Well.. for battery life.. turn off the running apps if you done use em.. and it depends on the app that you have downloaded.The more the graphics and sound the more it reduces your battery life..

2.No clue sorry

3.This maybe a bug..
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Just MewSeek, dTunes, BossPreffs, WinterBoard, iFarty and I think that's it. So how do I get the battery life better?

I mean the Iron Man Theme from the themes section here my jayzmelon or something like that. It wasn't on Cydia. And is there a convertor or something?

Okay.. Any new ones?
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Just keep making the same thread over and over and maybe one day you will get all those questions answered
  7. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I sure hope so. So can anyone answer them?