A few questions regarding 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AngelSynth, May 31, 2008.

1. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

Yeah, just upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4, don't ask why I haven't done so already...

I have some quick questions regarding it though:

1- why is it that when I try to install Customize thru installer, it keeps giving me "main script execution failure", it's really annoying, I've had this problem in the past, but usually a refresh fixes it, but not this one, any ideas?

2- are the username and password for SSH the same as 1.1.1? When I had 1.1.1 the username was the standard, root, and alpine. I've searched for this already, but I'm getting mixed feedback. I've had some people telling me that it's mobile, and dottie. And others have told me it remains the same.

3- I've used Bossprefs to relocate my apps. Where exactly does this move the "applications" directory... does it put it in /private/var/root/, with Media, and Library?

I'd appreciate some help guys, I want to get my Touch back to it's glory days of 1.1.1 before Monday

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. oakr8r2

oakr8r2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

1. theres a great guide on all the things you need to do to get 1.1.4 in the 1.1.4 jailbreak section it is stickied. i have done this method on mine and my friends ipod and everything works great.

2.it is root and alpine

3.apps go in /applications
  3. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

applications go in /applications? Isn't that where they were on 1.1.1? I thought bossprefs physically moved the "applications" directory to some other location :/

-root and alpine huh? kinda figured...

- alright I'll check the sticky

my bad X_X

plz excuse me, I r stuped, restarting on a new firmware is like leaving an island you've lived on for years, and moving to a larger; more mysterious, island in a far away land...
  4. oakr8r2

oakr8r2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yah i believe they were.

its cool man i recently switched from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 because everything worked wonders on 1.1.1 and saw no reason to upgrade but i finally couldnt resist.

but yeah what i did was follow the guide http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=450803&#post450803

click the one that says almost automatic way. its super easy you should be done in 10-20 mins

iliberty+ rocks!

5. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

dammit, I'm having a lot of problems with this now,

my Summerboard is working flawlessly, that's good...

But I can't install Customize, it keeps saying "main script execution failure"

I tried to install Danimators Customize 10.3, but it crashes as soon as I open it, WTF? it said during the installation that it it will crash a few times, because it's making folders. But I've been tapping this for the past 20 minutes, and it always crashes >:|

grr, I'm getting irritated, does anyone here have any bright ideas?
  6. eltoro13

eltoro13 New Member

i just upgraded it too but now itunes wont recongnize what should i do i really need to know how to solve it im in a hurry
  7. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

enter dfu restore mode by holding the sleep and home buttons. There is a sticky about this, don't worry mate, it's a pretty common problem