A Few questions from a newbie

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mikeob, Jun 7, 2009.

1. mikeob

mikeob New Member

Jun 7, 2009

I have a Touch 2G and have transferred music and apps onto the Touch from my laptop. I intend using the Touch more as a PDA than a music player and have a few questions.

1. I have setup the Touch to be managed manually and have copied the apps from the Touch to my desktop PC. When I try to sync with the desktop PC it doesn't do it and when I check the sync apps button it tells me that all apps and their data will be replaced by that from the desktop. whilst the apps are the same I don't know what will happen to the data - anybody know if the data on the Touch will be deleted?

2. Is there a way to backup the whole device? I'm not bothered about the music (all that's on it is from a CD collection so it can easily be transferred again) it's the app data that I'm bothered about. Is there an app to do this as I believe ITunes doesn't backup the whole device.

3. Does anyone know if the 3.0 release will allow third party apps access to the OS when not running - ie calendar alarms at present don't work unless the app is running.

4. Is there a globalk search tool that will check all apps for a string?

Thanks for any help.