A FEW QUESTIONS for 1.1.1 itouch - HELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pltradioman, Feb 16, 2008.

1. pltradioman

pltradioman New Member

first of all, as im trying to figure out itunes id like to ask some ques. about my itouch..

1- i added some videos from my itunes library, but there was no sound when i tryed watching it on itouch..why is this?

2- PDF viewer..after i jailbroke my 1.1.1 itouch, first thing i installed was pdf viewer. but i dont know where to add my pdf files to view them on my itouch? some advise?

3- NES..do i have to install games first on my computer then to my itouch?? or can i directly install them from a site on safari on itouch??

anybody give me some advise?
  2. astrosurfer

astrosurfer New Member

2. the installer tells you where to put them....pay attention...uninstall pdf viewer and reinstall and watch what it tells you
    1 and 3 dunno the answer sorry
  3. BigCRob

BigCRob New Member

Help

1. idk
    2. SSH into iPod and look in apps folder and try to add them in the pdf viewer folder
    3. add this source... ride4.org/shai.xml then go to sources and add all sources then here should be a NES ROM slide for them.....OR
    go to limewire and seach 960 nes roms... its a 99 MB file down load it. then SSH into ipod and upload it to the roms for NES under the media folder
  4. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. Try cleaning your headphones or using different ones. Also make sure your volume is turned up.

2. Don't listen to BigCRob. He has no clue what he is talking about. Put PDFs in var/root/media/pdf/

3. Here is a guide for getting NES ROMs straight from installer: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9882
  5. pltradioman

pltradioman New Member

thx for the answers

1- ok, my headphones,brand new from the package, work fine with mp3 but no sound on films or any kind of videos

2-where in the heck is this var/root/media/pdf..people can go angry at me for askin this but i have no clue damn!

3- im checkin it thx again
  6. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Do the videos work on your computer?
  7. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    /var/root/media/pdf/ is a directory on your iPod Touch. You need to use SSH to access it.
  8. pltradioman

pltradioman New Member

yeah no prob. with any videos or mp3s on my comp..
    no codec problem or whatsoever..

this itunes is really gettin on my nerves ..
  9. jkeiser

jkeiser New Member

where did you get the vids?
  10. pltradioman

pltradioman New Member

can you be kind enough to explain how i get this ssh?! and what is it anyway..

and how in the heck am i gonna manage this itunes, im tryin to read the itunes help manuel,..i just cant explain how annoying it is..a simple device is taken all my time..

a boeing 757 is much easier to handle!!!!