A few questions before I update/jailbreak...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by parokyano, Oct 17, 2008.

1. parokyano

parokyano New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    I'm currently using 1.1.4 on a jailbroken 1G iTouch, and I've held out from updating to 2.x due to some stability issues I heard, and also because I heard that MobileScrobbler has not been, and probably never will be, ported to 2.x. But since last.fm seems to have pulled support for it, I've decided to finally make the jump to 2.x. Just a few questions though...

1. What's the best scrobbler available on 2.x? I'm not hoping for something that has the full feature set of MobileScrobbler, though I it'd be nice if there's one, I just want something that queues up tracks while I'm offline and sends them to last.fm once I'm online, and without the queue being erased once I shut off my iPod.

2. What do you reckon is the counterpart of Docs in 2.x? I use my iPod to portably read ebooks and lecture slides, so this is one of the main reasons I'm still clinging to 1.1.4.

3. Just to clarify. I need to locate the 2.x firmware on my hard drive, then use QuickPwn and just follow the steps onscreen?
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

May 16, 2008

2) Docs is on 2.x, I believe. Anyway, there are hundreds (no joke) of eBook readers on the app store

3) Yes. It's very straight forward once you open it.