A few questions before I attempt to jailbreak my 2G Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by RipRocK, Jul 5, 2009.

1. RipRocK

RipRocK New Member

When I jailbreak my iPod Touch 2G, will I still be able to use iTunes to download free or purchased apps using my account at the iTunes Store?

Does Apple have any detection methods in place to see if your iPod Touch has been jailbroken and prevent you from using iTunes or connecting to the iTunes Store using it?

I guess what I'm wondering is, will I have all the functionality of a non-jailbroken iPod Touch after I jailbreak my Touch? Sorry if these are way too obvious questions, but just wanted to make sure. TIA.
  2. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1. Yes you can still use all of the apps provided by apple!

2. No just dont send a "broken" ipod thats jailbroken to apple

3. Yes you will have all the same functionality of a non jailbroken ipod

Im glad you asked these questions cause I know its stressful at first but you can also try using the search bar on the forums and you might get answers quicker that way!
  3. RipRocK

RipRocK New Member

torin, thanks for such a quick reply. Really appreciate it. Also, I've already update my FW to 3.0 on my 2G Touch, so I guess I'll be using the latest redsn0w to jailbreak. But will all those unsigned apps which work with 2.2.1 FW jailbreak work with 3.0 FW jailbreak as well?
  4. Childofgod

Childofgod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You will need to make sure that they are the 3.0 version of it in the appstore and then install them. So you will most likely need to download new unsigned apps.
  5. iHackiPodz

iHackiPodz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if everyone here is using / considering using redsn0w 0.7.2, on 2g iPod touch, 3.0, then i have done it, IT WORKS *yay*