A few questions and issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gbanga, May 31, 2010.

1. gbanga

gbanga New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Hey I have a couple of problems with my itouch 32G spirit jailbroken.

So when I open most of my apps the screen flashes with whatever the app I'm trying to open briefly, then disapears. After a second or three of my wallpaper showing the app then opens normally.
    It seems to be running slowly but I don't have any other apps open.
    I want to restore it but I have no wifi and it will take me ages to replace my apps from cydia . I've also lost my sound from the internal speaker but still have headphone sound and hope a restore will fix that .

Hi any ideas why when I type su root into terminal and It asks for password why it won't let me type anything ?
    I want to backup my itouch music library withifunbox so I can restore it ( some tunes are not on my home computer and I cannot get my laptop at the moment )
    When i look at the raw file system the tracks come as letters and numbers rather than the actual titles.

If I save them on my desktop, do the restore then paste them into the same location will the normal titles be there or will it come up as the numbers etc?
    Cheers for any help

Thanks for any advice cheers g
  2. ale624

ale624 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    hope this helps!

to answer you mobile terminal su question nothing will show up when you type in the pasword just in case someones standing behind you, it dose this on every teminal wether its mac osx or linux

also just a theorie but if you do a backup of the applications with ssh then after restore just copy it back and respring

oh and there probably is a hardware prob with you int speaker so a restore probably wont help that you would need to take it to an apple store after the restore when its not jb

hope this helps!

Please Register or Log in to view images