A few questions and bluetooth remotes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xHigginz, Nov 13, 2009.

1. xHigginz

xHigginz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi i currently have a 2nd gen ipod still running 2.2.1 and was wondering if anyone could help me with some questions. Obviously I'll need to update my firmware to 3.x inorder to use bluetooth.
    1) Does anyone know if there are any bluetooth remotes around under 40 dollars and if so, will they work with my ipod?
    I plan to use this remote on the go so that i dont have to reach in my pocket and unlock the thing just to change the song which means I need a remote that is not reliant on the dock.\
    2) Anyone know of any cool accesories for ipod touchs for a pretty low price other than cases, skins, chargers, docks?

Please Register or Log in to view images

3) If i pay the 4.95 to update my firmware will i have to pay this again if I for instance: restore my ipod or any other reason my files and data will be erased
    4) Is my ipod basically the same thing as the 3rd gen 8gb ipod touch with the firmware update? (ex. shake for next song, bluetooth capabilities)
    Thanks in advance!

2. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1-3. IDK
    4. You only have to pay once.
    5. Yes it is the same thing accept the 3g is updated to try to stop a jailbreak.
  3. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. You don't need an extra device to carry when you're outside. Trust me. The more you have the easier it is to loose one. A mobile phone and the iPod should suffice. Use Pocket Touch to skip tracks, pause, etc.

2. Again, less stuff is 99% of the time better when you're mobile. Why would you want to connect an extra piece of hardware to it ? (Like an FM receiver or a microphone) It's a beautiful piece of technology. Accessories would make it look ugly.

3. No, I don't think so. But just to be sure, you could save the firmware file (it's under 300 MB) to a USB stick or something. Or just make an "iPod" folder on you HDD and place it there.

4. Yes.
  4. xHigginz

xHigginz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol dont worry about me having to carry too many devices. I had an ipod 30gb video with a griffin airclick and a remote that i really liked to use while walking around university.
    The remote and adapter work for the ipod touch just that the adapter covers up the headphone jack.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of there was a bluetooth remote I could use to take advantage of this new improvement

(I know i can use a bluetooth headset just i dont like the size or the price)
    So just my first question remains unanswered anyone know if a bluetooth remote will even work? I believe i read somewhere that its just for headphones.
  5. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. xHigginz

xHigginz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks but that won't be neccessary since i dont plan on getting a bt headset and I live in canada so the whole .com .ca thing with amazon is kind of annoying cuz it's always a much higher price or non existant for .ca. but yeah i was searching and i couldn't find any remotes anywhere which were bluetooth so i think ill just find one that uses an adapter thanks anyway everyone!

7. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if anyone was wondering about the bluetooth head phones, they are pretty sweet. I think the buttons will eventually feel normal after i break them in, they are very light.
  8. jimbellows

jimbellows New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would love a bluetooth remote and headphone combo