iOS 4.0 A few questions about upgrading from jailbroken

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by auni1996, Jul 15, 2010.

1. auni1996

auni1996 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My iPod is an 8 GB 3rd Gen on 3.1.12 I was originally gonna hold up on upgrading coz all I get is folders and I lose .6 GB. Now I see I can enable all the other features of iOS4 with a tweak.

My questions:

1. Can I backup my jailbreak so I don't have to redownload all my jailbreak stuff.

2. Is there a non-tethered jailbreak for my model yet?

3. I have an app downloaded thats not from iTunes (the app was taken down from iTunes). Will that app be stored in the iTunes backup?

Thank you!
  2. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    First of all, read this: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299443

1. Download AptBackup or PkgBackup off Cydia, that will back up your Jailbreak information.
    2. It's tethered.
    3. Right click on your iPod, and click Manual Backup. Let it do it's magic, and it shouldn't delete your App. But that APp might not be able to run on 4.0.
  3. aspecter

aspecter New Member

Device:
    iPad
    You can do so with aptbackup, but there are many reporting they get issues doing this, so the best is to start from scratch.

That will the depend on if your model is a MB or MC (If you have the new or the old bootrom). To find out: Go to Settings-General-About and scroll down to model. If you got a MB model you can jailbreak with redsnow and enable multitasking, wallpapers and battery percentage.

If the app is in iTunes, it will still be there after updating, and prob still sync with your ipod.