a few questions about synching/unsynching apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tinqueroa, Jan 9, 2009.

1. tinqueroa

tinqueroa New Member

i've got my apps synched with itunes but i'm annoyed with how long it sometimes takes to sync (several minutes) when i connect my ipod and would like to unsync them all. one solution which i've tested is obvious: i can unsync an app, itunes will automatically delete it from my ipod and then i can reinstall it and leave it unsynced. the problem is it's a pain in the ass to reinstall every app. is there a way to prevent itunes from deleting an app from the ipod if you unsync it? also, i might want to leave one app, stanza, synched, but if i do so, every new app i download to my ipod will automatically be syched with i tunes, even if i have itunes set to only sync selected apps, so i will have to unsync and reinstall every new app i decide to get. again, that's a real pain. is there any way around this? this is my third ipod, but my first touch, and i just assumed synching, which i've never been a fan of, would work as it did with other ipods, i.e. unsyc the ipod and all the info stays on the ipod. seems like a design flaw to me.
  2. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you deselect an App on your list in iTunes, it will be removed from your iPod. Simply re-check and re-sync, and it will reappear on your iPod.

I don't completely understand your question, but from what I can gather, no, there is not a workaround.
  3. parklaneyido

parklaneyido New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I made a similar mistake last night. I wanted to sync the music I had bought from the iTunes store on my iPod to my computer. I stupidly unticked all the boxes and all my music was deleted. I only realised what I'd done, after I'd done it. Won't be syncing again.... Drag and drop is my safety zone.
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    just delete the app in iTunes and in your iPod and sync. *BOW*