iOS 3.1 a few questions about jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by snowboardpunk, Dec 23, 2009.

1. snowboardpunk

snowboardpunk New Member

hey im debating on wether to get a 2nd gen or 3rd gen ipod touch, maybe even a nano. but i have a few questions.

is the 3rd gen touch 8 gig jailbreakable?
    and its only tethered rite? so if i turn it off i have to rejailbreak. so say that i accidentaly turn it off and i had apps from like cydia would they get erased?

and is the 2nd gen touch only tethered or is it like a full jailbreak?

also if i jailbreak do i lose all my music?
  2. ipodtouchesme

ipodtouchesme New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well if you get the 3rd gen 8gb it wont be any difference really its actually the 32 and 64gb that have a big difference with a microphone where you can call people on the ipod and has a way bigger processor and if you jailbreak your ipod you wont lose all your music it should be on itunes anyway it may get tethered if you use red snow or black rain but quickpwn doesn't hope i answered all your questions message me if you have any more

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. snowboardpunk

snowboardpunk New Member

wait so if i use quickpwn i dont have to rejailbreak everytime i turn it off? while blackrain and red snow does? or is it the other way around
  4. jetf

jetf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes it is. I have a 3g 8gb and i've jailbroken it. It is very easy.

It is indeed tethered for 3g. You have to rejailbreak when you turn it off. You will not lose any apps from cydia or other data. But i don't know many people who actually turn off their iPod's, cause sleep mode is more energy efficient and you don't have to rejailbreak it when you wake it from that mode.

There is a full jailbreak (non tethered) for the 2g.

No you don't lose any music or other data.

If you want a 8gb touch try to get a 2g. Because it is easier to jailbreak and it has the same hardware as the 8gb 3g. However you might want to get the 3g 32gb or 64gb cause it has better hardware. I personally don't like the iPod nano but that's just my opinion

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Weyzer

Weyzer New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Does quickpwn NOT make my ipod touch 3g 32GB tethered?
  6. LuffyZoro

LuffyZoro New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Quickpwn is not usable on it, and I think was discontinued after firmware 2.2 or so.
  7. snowboardpunk

snowboardpunk New Member

i do want the 2nd generation one but its 40 dollars more so i would be like mite as well get the 16 gig one for 15 dollars more. and then ill be like mite as well get the 3rd gen 32 gig for 35 dollars more... and end up spending 90 dollars more...lol so i fail basically.

i have a couple other questions while im at it. can u charge ur touch and listen to it at the same time in the car? like i have a car charger and a aux cable can i charge it through the charger and plug in the aux through the headphone jack and my aux line and listen to music while charging?

also do apps take up alot of space?

and how is sleep mode more energy efficient?
  8. jetf

jetf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Dont buy the 16gb 2g. I dont know but shutting down and starting up just costs a lot of energy. And yes you can listen to music while you are chqrging. You can also use appswhile charging. And apps are quite small.

Merry christmas
  9. snowboardpunk

snowboardpunk New Member

lol thx for the help i guess its either 8 gig 3rd gen or 32 gig 3rd gen...is 90 dollars worth it...hmmm

merry christmas to u too
  10. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sure it is