a few question plz?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by xbs13, Dec 19, 2007.

1. xbs13

xbs13 New Member

ok ive been looking all around this forum for about an hour now trying to get a sense of what the hell is everything. so this is what i gotz: jailbreak allows u to download applications to ur ipot through sources. and after u download them they become an icon on ur ill call it "desktop" and its just self explanitory after that. now say i wanna get a new theme or put a picture behind the icons i gotta get the summerboard app or customize, and then do some stuff and it does it("it" being puting the theme/wallpaper).

ok thats basicly all im somewhat certain so here are the questions:

1. ok i read on the forum that if i get an ipod for xmas itll prolly be 1.1.2, correct? if so can i do the super easy installation of jailbreak(the one with 2 steps) cuz i remember reading something about it only works for 1.1.1.

2. how do i put in the source link into installer, what should i do?

3. whats the difference between customize and summerboard? and how do i use them?

4. whats this talk about SFTP, SHH, etc. and what does it mean.

5. can the ipot still function like an ipod? like it syncs normaly and the like?

i think that is all, well thanks
  2. axelis6

axelis6 New Member

Customize And Summerboard

Okay Customize...
    the sames says it all
    u can CUSTOMIZE ur ipod... put icons on the top. change slide letters. ICon orders on spring board etc..
    SUMMERBOARD
    is for using THEMES which changes ur background,icons,dock, and letter colors. that's it..

pd. FOR PUTTING A CUSTOMIZED BACKGROUND. JUST GO TO
    SUMMERBOARD AND WHERE IT SAYS "Them Wallpaper" change it to OFF
    so ur own pictures from ur photo gallery will apear on ur sprinboard background

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. xbs13

xbs13 New Member

so if i get both those programs i can practically completely custumize my ipot?

ps what do u mean by put icons on top?
  4. PianoManKD

PianoManKD New Member

Wait, what do I have to get so I can put a photo from my Photos as a wallpaper? Can you do that with the normal iPod software? Or do i need something else?

Thanks
  5. xbs13

xbs13 New Member

dude i dont know thats y im asking cuz i think u dont but from what im understanding from u need summerboard