A few problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gangsta415, Sep 11, 2009.

1. gangsta415

gangsta415 New Member

I searched beforehand, nothing came up so if someone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

iPhone 3GS 32GB 3.0 (jailbroken)

Problems:
    -GPS (Google Maps)
    -Overheat/Frozen?

GPS, sometimes says i'm in a different location then where I really am, and doesn't follow me in the car correctly sometimes, I don't know if that's how it is or if it's just me..

Today I was driving around (using GPS, had it plugged into my headunit to listen to music), and it turned off, then turned back on with the apple logo and just sat for 15 like that. I kept turning it on and off, and finally just let it sit for 5 minutes then turned it back on and it was fine, this was the only time it's done it, but it was pretty warm, so I'm not sure if it was from overheating or anything else?
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I've only been using my 3GS for a short while and have not had the overheating problem (yet).

I have noticed similar things with the GPS but saw it more with my 3G (used it more often). I believe the GPS problem has a lot to do with being in a moving vehicle; in a car it is hard to get satellite signals and therefore the GPS relies mostly on the cellular network (just like the 1G does) to get your location.

If the problem persists I'd take it in and show Apple. I really don't have any other suggestions as far as a fix but figured I could pass along some information.
  3. gangsta415

gangsta415 New Member

Alright, thanks Drew.