A Few 'Newbie' questions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by billbir, Apr 23, 2009.

1. billbir

billbir New Member

I got my iPod Touch 2nd gen yesterday, and delighted with it. However, I have a few points that I would welcome some help on.

I had previously downloaded my music to Windows Media and then converted it using iTunes. I have heard that this affects the quality and therefore I need to rip the discs again through iTunes to improve the quality. First of all is this correct, and is the deterioration, worth the effort, Secondly, if I delete the current album and re rip the disc through iTunes, will the revision be picked up automatically when I next sync.?

The other point I am unsure about is when you can view something in landscape as opposed to portrait. Photos, videos and music are automatic, but other things are not. For example, I would like the input keyboard to be landscape but that does not seem to work. Is that correct?

I have set up BBC iPlayer as an icon, can I do the same with ITV Player?

Finally, how do I get my contacts from gmail to the iPod Touch?

Any help on any of this points would be very welcome.
  2. Aurongel

Aurongel Banned

The dip in quality is present during file conversions
    if the slight dip bothers you, then I'd suggest ripping straight to iTunes...

if you delete the current album and replace it with a "fresh" rip (directly to iTunes), then it will be synced to your iPod the next time you plug it in...

no, there are only a handful of applications that allow the landscape keyboard. Safari is the primary one. In the next firmware update, more support for landscape keyboard will be added. The update is rumored to bring landscape keyboard support to both Notes.app, and MMS.app

you'll have to manually copy your contacts from Google Mail

Please Register or Log in to view images

... sorry

can you specify exactly what you mean by, "I have set up BBC iPlayer as an icon, can I do the same with ITV Player?"
  3. billbir

billbir New Member

Aurongel

Thanks for the reply.Regarding the BBC iPlayer issue, I went on to the internet to establish how I could obtain access to it, as it is not an App.I just wanted to know whether the same could be done for ITV's equivalent.

Bill