A few more questions about the iphone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by farahm2, Feb 15, 2009.

1. farahm2

farahm2 New Member

Hey there, so i found out by att that if i just pop my sim thats in my ericsson into the iphone, they will automatically change my plan to a data plan, which i dont want. SO now im wondering, can you still use the iphone normally (as an ipod, use apps etc) with out a sim card inserted? Because i don't want to give the iphone away, as i am going to use it as a phone in the future, so can i still use it normally? And what about activation? How do you activate it? Do i just put in my sim and then its activated and then i can just take it out?
    Reply soon!
    Thank You!!!
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You need the sim to activate it. Some say it will work after activated without the sim
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Is this a 2G or a 3G?

I never had any issues from AT+T while using my 2G no matter what plan I had. As soon as I switched to a 3G I got numerous emails and text messages about being on the 3G network without "permission" and I was going to be charged.

Also, you can jailbreak / activate either phone without the SIM card but it depends how you are going about doing that.
  4. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    If you do not want to worry about being charged for data, and at&t possibly finding out that you have an iPhone, just call at&t and tell them to block all data for your current cell phone. Then, once you switch sim cards, the iPhone will not be able to use data. Otherwise, you will need to jailbreak and install BossPrefs to turn of Edge or 3G.