A few jailbreaking questions

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kzer107, Mar 11, 2009.

1. kzer107

kzer107 New Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong forums section. I have a first gen ipod touch, and I am thinking about jailbreaking it. However, I have a few concerns:

1) I currently have about 1000 handpicked songs on my touch. Is there an easy way I can keep this list of files and easily get these songs back on my ipod touch? I'd hate to have to scan through all my music looking for the specific ones I want again.

2) Can I use iTunes after jailbreaking my ipod? I have plenty of music, video, podcast, and app files in itunes, and it's convenient for me to use.

3) I bought quite a few apps from the itunes store recently. Is there a way I can save these applications and put them back onto the ipod after jailbreaking?

4) What are the odds of the ipod getting fatally messed up in jailbreaking it?

Thanks.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So to sum it up, I want to jailbreak my ipod, but have everything that I have on it now to be on it after it is jailbroken.
  2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you have a 1st generation than you can jailbreak without restoring(or loosing anything. You will still be able to us any appstore apps and such.

Try the QuickPwn program for a jailbreak.
  3. kzer107

kzer107 New Member

So I can just use quickpwn and jailbreak it, and everything will stay on the ipod? I'll give it a shot. Which quickpwn do I need to download? I have a 1st gen touch with firmware 2.2.1.