A few jailbreaking questions (+rep)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by crimsondynamo329, Aug 3, 2008.

1. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey,
    I have jailbroken my 16gb 1.1.4 iPod Touch several times, with several different programs, and it has been fine, but I have a few questions. I have had to restore a few times because of various problems (caused by me), and this obviously removes all the apps I installed. I have two questions about this: is there a way to back up the Installer sources, and (better) is there a way to back up the apps themselves. I copied all the /Applications/*.app folders (through SSH) for the apps I wanted to save, but will just copying them back into the /Applications folder work? I also copied the /private/var/mobile/Library/Installer folder which had some plists about sources (which I couldn't read with any of my editors). Will copying these plists (LocalPackages, PackageSources, RemotePackages, and TrustedSources) put all the sources I had before I restored back? I used to know of a website that converted these plists into readable form, but I don't remember it anymore, or I would look at them to find out.
    Last question: Is there a way to tell how much disk space you have left? The space taken by applications seems to be thought of as "free space" by iTunes, but I think I may have reached the limit and crashed my iPod a couple of times. I would like to be able to check the available space every now and then.

Any help with any of these questions would be greatly appreciated, and I will add rep if you tell me how!

Thanks!
  2. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The best thing I could recomend doing is using Andy Huang's (Super Moderator here) site, to get all the apps YOU want and make a customized repo. That was when you get Installer, you jsut add that source and put all your apps on queue after you get the bsd subsystem and stuff like that. Then you should be all set.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Here's his site link:
    http://www.touchtoolset.com/repo.sc/
  3. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thank you very much, that will work perfectly! Now, if you tell me how to add rep, I will gladly do so!
  4. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Rep was disabled awhile ago, maybe in April or May.
  5. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh ok. Thanks again