iPhone 3G A Few iPhone 3g Questions...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maxxdout, Jun 17, 2010.

1. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

So I am going to be getting an iPhone 3G soon to replace my stolen Touch and I have a few questions...

-I am on ATT. Can I just insert my SIM card into the iPhone and continue using my "standard" plan or do I need a data plan to use the iPhone?(I plan on using WiFi for internet, email, etc...)

-If I do need a data plan, can I just jailbreak and then unlock so I don't need a data plan?

-The person I am getting the iPhone from said it's on 3.1 firmware. Which would be the best and easiest way of jailbreaking?

Edit: Apparently he already has it jailbroken and unlocked(he's using T-Mobile on it). Since it's already JB'd and unlocked, does that mean I can use it on ATT without a data plan?

If I think of any more questions, I'll let you know.

Thanks!
  2. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Answers in bold.
  3. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

Thanks!

I already have the sim, and all I have on it is unlimited texting and I guess the standard calling plan, nothing else, so I think I should be good.

One more thing, if I can figure out how to explain it: can I disable any non WiFi data usage so I don't run up the bill? For example, if I am not connected to WiFi and I open the weather app or my email, I don't want those things to connect to 3G or w/e they connect to so I don't run up any non-wanted data usage...