A few debug options

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by Paintball, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Through my beta testing of psx4iphone I found a few things:

If you hold R2 (the R button all the way on the right), then press either R1 or L1 (the inside L and R buttons), you will see a dialog come up and it will say "psx clock" along with a number. Pressing R1 increases it and L1 decreases it. I'm assuming this is you clock speed for the processor. I 'm not sure if this does anything, it may just be leftover from the original port.

If you hold L2 and press R1 and L1, it will change your "PSX cycle". I don't really know what this means.

And finally, if you press both L1 and R1, it will bring up a menu where you can change graphics and debug options. Along with savestates. I have only been able to navigate it once and when i hit save to savestate1, I cant navigate it anymore. It created a file in the roms folder with a .000 extensions and 0 bytes. So i don't think any of these work yet.
  2. jungzandvliet

jungzandvliet New Member

Working fine here. And look on google there you can find what psx cycle and psx clock does and stuff

Please Register or Log in to view images

Savegames are wroking fine here though xD Just download 100% savegame and converted it to mcr and replaced it with the old one that came with psx4iphone

and underclocking seems faster

like putting it to 70% or something
  3. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Yeah, i found out about it in 1st period. Then i posted this thread in 4th period. But I didnt get a chance to get to mess with it because the menu keeps flickering and wont let me move. But thanks for the info on savestates.