A failed download screwed up my ipod.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, May 7, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, a few days ago I was in installer and I tried to download an update for some program (I think it was some kind of text editor program, but its been a while). The update stopped downloading when it was about 90% done. I decided to restart my ipod during the download since it wasn't timing out and it wasn't progressing. When I restarted my ipod, there was something wrong. When I go into an application, the screen does not respond to any form of touch. I don't think its a problem with the touch screen, but it is as if somebody turned a switch on my ipod that made the touch screen unresponsive. I can press the home button and go back to the home screen. Then the touch screen starts responding to my touch. When I try to go into sleep mode, the screen just goes very dim and shows the "slide to unlock" screen. When I press the power button again, I can slide to unlock and I'm back on the home screen. The problem does not resolve its self. I'd like to imagine that there is some clever putty command to fix this or something like that. I don't want to have to restore my ipod. Has anyone else had a problem like this?
  2. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry for the bump guys but I saw that this thread was about the fall off the front page and there are still no replies. I would have waited until it fell of the front page but I'm about to go to bed and it will I'm still having the problem. I need some input guys.
  3. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    *BUMP*

Come on guys. Still no responses? It was about to fall of the front page again. I need some help!
  4. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Are you able to SSH in? If so, try and delete the application you were updating. Alternatively, have you tried rebooting etc?
  5. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have tried rebooting. It didn't work.

As for SSH, it won't connect. The connection times out.

Thank you for responding, though.

EDIT: Also, did I mention that when I go into the setting app, a lot of the options are missing. The only things left are Wifi, Brightness, General, Music, and Video. And, as before, the touch screen doesn't respond.
  6. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

That happened to me before also, when i installed advanced preferences i think..
    i restored
  7. lzm380

lzm380 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same thing had happened to me last two day after trying to install failed
    my ipodtouch kept going back to slide to unlock then I decided to restore
  8. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was afraid that it would come to this.....I hate restoring.....