A disaster

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kzr22, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kzr22

kzr22 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    who else thinks this is a disaster for everything ipod touch related for example I saw that a new app that would add photos to contacts came out for 1.00 now thats a small fee and this is only a example but that probably would of been free. If cydia is just appstore with less restrictions it takes away most of what it was. I remember just scrolling through customization adding cool things to my ipod but this well not be as fun as most of them cost money and i will have to make SURE i want the app. Im not mad just upset and disapointed. Soon people well be pirating cydia apps 2 /sigh
  2. dgxnil

dgxnil Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i'd actually find it quite hilarious if these end up getting cracked and you find it on a app tht i will not mention

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'm not siding with anyone on this, but I think we've had enough of these types of opinions already. If you're upset with it, that's tough luck. Installer and Cydia (and all of the behind the scene's work by RiPDev and Saurik) spoiled us. Saurik and RiPDev did not have to put all this work into these packaging applications (Installer and Cydia respectively) for us. It wasn't something that we expected, it's something that we enjoyed as a luxury.

And not all applications will cost money, so it will be quite similar to the App Store. If you're a developer, you're happy with it. For a regular user, it may seem harsh but this might bring forth higher quality applications to Cydia. Some developers that have had their applications denied from the App Store (and had a price tag on it) can now resort to Cydia and still make some revenue.

It's a tough subject to discuss but I think it's for the better of the jailbreaking community and I look forward to seeing what happens next.
  4. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well put. Yeah, you guys have to remember that not all, in fact a very small amount of apps are going to cost money. The ones that don't cost money will almost always stay free.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.