A couple of weird things with my 3G...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hellishness, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So, when i put it on silent/vibrate, it always gives me a little vibrate confirmation, but seems to choose whether to turn the screen on and show the bell with the line through it or not. same thing when i put it out of silent. i could honestly care less about this, but im a little curious since i change absolutely nothing.

another, more important thing is that i cant move any icons. i just hold it down, the little "x" shows up in the corner, but if i try to hold it down to move it, it just gets dimmer, not bigger, and i can't move it. this is a big pain since i have facebook on my second page and i normally only have one page since all my apps are in folders.

sorry for typing errors, im in a hurry

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    nobody? please, its a huge annoyance....

since its just the facebook app on the second page, could i just delete and re-install facebook, and let sleeping dogs lie (me not being able to move the icons)?
  2. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    iTunes 9 lets you move icons from it. Try that...
  3. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you need to be on 3.1 for that right? im on 3.0.1 and im trying to not have to go through the whole restoring and jailbreaking process again

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not hard.. takes maybe 2 hours? and with new jb's its literally like 5 minutes, only thing thats lengthy is the syncing music and such back.
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Not even two hours. Do you have a lot of music, videos, photo's and app's? That's what'll make the process long.

Update to 3.1.2, as it's the latest and most reliable firmware out right now. I'm not sure, but I think you're gonna have to re-jailbreak after the update? Someone else can confirm that. Either way, the jailbreak takes literally under a minute. Then, the only lengthy thing is syncing, but that should fix the issue about moving icons.

Through iTunes you can re-arrange your icons, it's handy for some people. I don't find it handy for me though, it's easier on the device itself... But hey, we all have our preferences.