A Couple of Questions about Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by deleted account, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Alright, so I'm going to get an iPod Touch during mid-July, and I am very interested in the whole "jailbreaking" thing. I just have a few questions.

1. Is it possible for something to go wrong when jailbreaking? If so, is there a 100% chance to restore it?

2. When you install the Installer.app program on your iPod Touch, will you need to update it? I know you can easily just click the Installer.app program and install anything you want via Wi-Fi, but I've seen different programs on this website and I was wondering how you put it on.

3. What is the best and easiest way to jailbreak an iPod Touch? I'm not sure what version I'm going to get, but let's just say I have a 16 gb with a firmware of 1.1.4. If anyone can give me a step-by-step guide, that would be very much appreciated. My e-mail is kenny_j_chen@hotmail.com

Alright, those are my only questions. If anyone can post here or just e-mail me those answers, I will give you a cookie and love you forever.
  2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    1. It is 100% possible to restore your iPod

2.You can update installer (you can alsow not, but it is good to update installer, becaus there are a few new fetures!)

3. Under Mac OSX: iLiberty+
    Under Windows: [don't know]
  3. diegohuyke

diegohuyke New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1. No, it's impossible for an iPod touch to magically stop working when you jailbreak. The worst case scenario is a restore. The reason for this is because the ipod touch does not have the necessary hardware to "brick"(stop working), however an iPhone does.

2. When you jailbreak and open up installer it will tell you if you need to update it's really easy to update it. Just let it install and refresh.

3. Well, it depends if you get an iPod touch after July 11 it will come with the 2.0 firmware. And I don't know if it can be downgraded or jailbroken. If you get it before it will come with 1.1.4 and you can learn how to jailbreak it http://modmyifone.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_jailbreak_an_iPod_Touch_using_iLiberty_or_iLbertyX <--- There

Remember wether you want to jailbreak or not depends on the user, you might also prefer app store.
  4. brisingr

brisingr New Member

And don't, under ANY circumstances, us Ziphone (check the sig)
  5. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

nope steve jobs ZIPHONE 3.0 is fool proof its so easy now. i admit it was terrible in its first stages but now it is so quick and easy
  6. Thank you for all of your replies!

Yes, I am most likely going to get it after July 11. If I get it with the 2.0 firmware, will it have the Applications Store? Also, will it be able to be jailbroken?

Also, can I use iLiberty on a Windows XP?
  7. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

1.- you can always restore at itunes

2.- cydia! lol

3.-Mac: iLiberty
  8. Alright, so now I know that for the Mac you use iLiberty.
    How about a Windows XP? What's the best and easiest way to jailbreak on a Windows XP?

You guys have done a great job helping a first-timer. Thank you!
  9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

iLiberty+ is available on both Mac and Windows.
  10. Oh, thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

So now I'm guessing that I have to Google iLiberty+ for Windows XP and follow the instructions. Alright, thanks people.

EDIT: And finally, I have one last question. What's the difference between Installer.app and Cyndia? Which one is better?