A couple of observations about jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by jrcdpm, Jan 2, 2008.

1. jrcdpm

jrcdpm Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I got my ipod touch back in October and thanks to the information on this site, was able to jailbreak it and then when 1.1.2 came out I upgraded and did the jailbreak. Thank you to everyone that has contributed information to this site.

Two of my friends have recently gotten ipod touches and I have been able to downgrade to 1.1.1 and then jailbreak including the upgrade to 1.1.2. However, each time I could not use the windows program to do the 1.1.2 jailbreak. When I clicked on windows.bat the window opened for a split second and then closed. I tried on several different computers and they all had Java installed with the most recent version. Luckily, I have a Macbook, and was able to complete the jailbreak on that computer. Interestingly, when I opened the "1" folder on Macbook, the jailbreak was done by clicking jailbreak.jar, not OSX. Also, when I moved the jailbreak.jar out of the one folder, it would not work, but if I left it in the folder and double-clicked it ran without problems.

Just some observations that may help others. Again, thank you to everyone that has helped make jailbreaking possible.
  2. -LB-

-LB- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    The main two reasons for the window opening for a split second is either a) Java isn't installed b) It's not being run as administrator.

Please Register or Log in to view images