A Couple of Issues..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jonno92, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Jonno92

Jonno92 New Member

Hey all,
    I have an iPod touch and i was looking at some car pics, with 7 tabs open (using tabulate) and I was waiting for the pictures to load. But after like 20 seconds, they reloaded, and I couldn't stop it..

Another thing, sometimes when I'm using Safari and sometimes when I'm playing games, it just randomly goes to the home screen.. Why is this?..
    You can't go to home screen by touching the screen, can you? It's only from pressing the button, right?...

Thanks

Jonno
  2. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

what do you mean it reloaded and you couldn't stop it? Do you mean it was constantly refreshing? Please emphasize

also, regarding Safari crashing to the homescreen. This can be caused by too much strain put on safari (i.e. playing games)

Also, as an extra note; there is an app that when you click the button on the touchscreen it brought you Home. I believe it was called iPhone Home or something like that...
  3. Jonno92

Jonno92 New Member

yeah, constantly refreshes.
    I don't have iPhone Home, must just be safari crashing.. But I can go back into it so that's alright.. Probably because I had 7-8 tabs open..
  4. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah having that many tabs open with giant pictures lowers the performance of safari so thats probably why it crashed.
  5. Jonno92

Jonno92 New Member

OK, but why does it keep refreshing?..

Also, why does it do this? Is it lack of memory, or CPU power?..

Does the iPhone have more memory or higher CPU power?.. I'm thinking of upgrading to an iPhone, do you think I'll have the same issues?..

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

Jonno
  6. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Have you installed a lot of apps? The crashes could be because you are being aggressive with safari

Please Register or Log in to view images

or too many apps are still open. Try opening a few and holding the home button to completely close them. I'm not sure about the iPhone question, sorry.
  7. Jonno92

Jonno92 New Member

I didn't know holding the home button closes apps.. I tried it and nothng happens..

Are there any other shortcuts for the iPod Touch?..
  8. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Just hold them long enough when you're inside of an app. Umm not really anymore "shortcuts".