A bricking tip.

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by cryptsucks, Apr 3, 2008.

1. cryptsucks

cryptsucks Banned

ok. so i know that a lot of people have been getting there ipods bricked latley and i have an ultimate fix. this should work for a lot of people. ok. so here is the ultimate tip. DONT BUY IT FROM APPLE. BUY IT FROM BEST BUY. i had my ipod not working, and i returned it to best buy and they didnt give a sh*t that it was jailbroken or hacked!! they just went into the back room and got me a brand new one. hope this helped =]

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    When I went to best buy because my old ipod was broken, they said that my 3 year service plan was void because they were doing all repairs through apple and that it would ultimately cost $150 to repair.

So, from my experience, I'd advise otherwise, especially because you can always unhack/jailbreak it so apple wont care.
  3. nstern2

nstern2 New Member

That is utter BS my friend. Call 1888bestbuy and have a talk with them. If it is a nano/shuffle you should be able to get store credit for them. If it is a classic/regular iPod then they might have you bring it in, but I would tell them your story and you might get a gift card out of it aswell.
  4. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It was a regular iPod and I did talk to the manager and everything. This was about...2 years ago though.

Either way, I never buy high end electronics from them. I've generally had bad customer service and their laptops are rather low end as well.
  5. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm with ya on the customer service...

When I was first trying to get my iPod touch i called a Best Buy store and this lady hung up on me like two times... I was frickin pissed, but i still ended up buying from Best Buy....

but whatever... I know now that Best Buy sucks...