A Bit Dissapointed with the Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scarpad, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Scarpad

Scarpad New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I bought a Week 45 a few weeks back, overall I'm happy with it, but a bit disapointed with the Contrast on the screen, it's decent but there is still abit of a washed out appearance, the blacks are more grey than anything else. I have no negative efffects, and mostly TV shows look ok, movies thou lack a bit of depth and color. I'm comparing it to my Cowon A2 and it just has so much better contrasting in the Blacks. I remeber when the Iphone came out the First Batches of them I saw at the Apple store had such a fnatastic screen, I remember seeing a clip from Lost and it was like holding a Mini Plasma. I have friends now that have Iphones and while the contrast is better than the Touch, it still isn't what I remember from what I saw originally, did some sort of elaborate bait and Switch happen ? Moreso for the Phone because we all know the Touch had an Inferior screen.

I'm to the Point now that I'll stick with my A2 for Movies (maybe an A3 in the Future) and use the Ipod for everything else. I'm just a contrast- black Level Whore I guess.
  2. Kasaki

Kasaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yea same here but the black is only at the beginign for me, then throwout the whole movie it's clear
  3. dogman

dogman New Member

I had 5 defective Ipods before getting a good one. One of the bad ones had a screen problem. It was hard to explain... a combination of bad contrast with some flickering and weird looking fonts. I would get a headache watching video. Bottom line, if you are not happy and you think it is defective, bring it back and get another one. You should not suffer because of poor Apple quality control.

My current iPod Touch looks great and I love it.
  4. Scarpad

Scarpad New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just think the lack of Deep rich Blacks is due to the screens on the touch, not a defect per se.. With my Luck I'd return it and get Dead Pixels, at least I don't have any of those. I think they are just using a Subpar screen as far as having a Black that's not grey.
  5. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

So is this normal? Sometimes I'll watch a movie & the scene is mostly black, it gets pixelated or the colors aren't smooth black.
  6. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No it's not normal, but with the way Apple treats their customers recently, i wouldn't be surprised in the near future if it is normal, for Asshole's

Please Register or Log in to view images