A-B Looping in a song?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by steved, Jan 9, 2008.

1. steved

steved New Member

I love my touch, but (I'm new to Ipod) I just noticed that I can't find an A-B looping feature for music or video. A-B looping ( it goes by other names) is where you can pick two points in the song ( A and B)that the player will loop over starting at A going to B and over again. This is invaluable for a number of uses but surely for musicians who are trying to transcribe or learn part of the song (for me it is lead guitar). Does the iPod Touch have this feature somewhere, a lot of MP3 players do? If not have you heard of a touch/iphone app that does this?

thanks, steve
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, it doesn't and I've not seen a similar app that does it. In fact I've not seen another music player period. However, you should be able to duplicate some of this functionality - go into iTunes and you can set a start & stop time for a song in the Get Info panel.
  3. steved

steved New Member

Thanks.

Actually almost all creative and iriver ( maybe others I don't know) players have A-B looping features. Too bad the touch ( and ipods in general) don't, it is a good feature both for audio and video. It is very useful for any situation where any kind of analysis of a section of media is needed - surely useful for musicians but also for any videos (learn a dance move, of paper, or sign language gesture, or detail a game/sports sequence) that you need to get down. I guess I'll be taking my older creative labs mp3 player to my guitar lessons.

Thanks for the tip about setting up a 1 time loop.

-steve