A app to launch files on my PC through wifi

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Sinker, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Sinker

Sinker New Member

Hi guys. I've been looking for a while now, but can't seem to find a decent app that will allow me to browse the hard drives on my PC from my ipod through a wifi connection, and allow me to launch any file from the ipod, but have it launch on the PC.

So for example, I could browse my media drive E:\, and launch a mp3, program or movie, and have it open and run on the PC.

I do have MPCRemote, which uses "Media Player Classic Cinema", and has a really great browse option, which allows you to browse every drive and file on your PC, but only launches files that can run with MPC.

I have also tried Mocha VNC, but find having to drag a mouse pointer around via the ipod screen and bit tiresome.

Any help appreciated.
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    jaadu vnc is meant to be good. You could try that
  3. defleopard98

defleopard98 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Considering the iPod Touch is made by Apple and runs Mac operating system, I don't think there will ever be and app the will browse Windows file systems. I don't even know if it's possible.
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    It is possible. Why would you jump to such a conclusion?

Use a telnet client. You can also install SSH on Windows, but I'm not too sure on how you'd do that.
  5. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There are a number of VNC programs on the App Store. Jaadu is particularly good, but is slightly expensive.
  6. Sinker

Sinker New Member

I know there are a lot of VNC remote desktop apps I could use, but I don't want to have to go around it in that way.

Both MPCRemote and VLCremote have a browse option, which instantly allows you to browse your hard drives, but only for media files related to those programs.

I mainly use winamp, and the iAmpRemote app doesn't have a browse option, but does have a playlist search option.

I need something thats quick and simple, and allows me to browse without a remote view screen of my desktop. Just something that allows a file structure browse with the option to launch any files on the PC.

Starting to think there's nothing out there though, have been searching for days now. Might have a look into modding a app to suit my needs.