:(

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by paauly101, Sep 18, 2008.

1. paauly101

paauly101 New Member

hey everyone. i have recently bought a 8GB ipod touch. it was working fantastically untill i tried to update to the 2.1 software.

so it downloded and all but not onto my ipod. it disapeared as soon as it finished, so i clicked 'check for update'. then all of a sudden the 'connect to itunes' screen came up on my ipod. THEN it said my ipod was in recovery mode and that it needed to be restored to be used with itunes.

anyway, i tried to restore it and i got a error message saying 'a unknow error occured (6)' something like that. so anyway i searched the net and youtube for hours and hours trying to find something that'd help me. alot of people were saying to hold the top and menu button and stuff but nothing worked. i tried to do the thing how the screen goes red with ibricker, but no luck.

so i rang apple and told them about it. they gave me a return number and told me to take it back where i got i from. so i did, i returned it and got a brand new one free of charge.

BUT, about after 15 minutes of charging, i tried to put the 2.1 spftware on it, so i pressed check for updates. then, it went back into f***ing recovery mode. im so pissed off. someone please help me out here.

how do i get it out of recovery mode, AND put the sofware on my touch without f***ing it up again when im out of recovery mode? some PLEASE help me out. ive tried everything!
  2. zoxen

zoxen New Member

3. paauly101

paauly101 New Member

i am going to take it to the apple store tomorrow and hopefully they will help me out and tell me how to fix this problem on the computer. if i find out anything important ill be sure to tell you

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Xandu

Xandu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Look for
    C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates Windows Vista
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates Windows XP

if it exists, update to it manually by holding shift and clicking the update button in iTunes. Then link to it.
    If update doesn't work, try restore (shift-restore)

Hope this helps.