9 page limit

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by pavan, Apr 9, 2009.

1. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i searched but found nothing. can u tell me how to get past the 9 page limit? i had an inav theme that took up 9 pages (montimedia v2) and i installed a bunch apps after that. i didnt know it took up 9 pages. now the problem is they are there and i cant see/use them. i want to delete some and i cant. help... i dont wanna move my theme around or delete any icons cuz it was hard to install.
  2. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You cannot.

But 3.0 has 11 page limit.
  3. TeNsTrKe15

TeNsTrKe15 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well did you put the icon and then the rest of the page blank icons?? if you did you should've just put the 10 blank icons needed then the icon and then stop with the page. go to every page and delete all the blank icons after the icon. then go to the 9th page, move the icon to the 8th page (temporary) then get rid of all the blank apps on the 9th page. then click the home button and then on the 9th page you should see ur installed apps. delete the ones you dont want and then move the icon from the 8th page back to the 9th

another solution is u obviously have categories. open categories and open a category folder (lets just say that the apps are games). select the 'add' or '+' button and add the apps you cant see to the games category. then when ur ipod resprings, u should see ur apps in that games category when you open the games category on ur sb

hope this helps
  4. axmxwx

axmxwx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    also, consider checking out fivecolumn springboard (FCSB) Fivecolumn Dock, and the FiveIRows hacks to let you have 5x5 icons per page, instead of 4x4
  5. dudeitsriley

dudeitsriley Banned

Theres already a thread on this I think.
  6. unkellsam

unkellsam New Member

I actually extended my page limit to 16 pages. Instructions below.

Here's a video from where it was at 11 or 12 pages:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9RT6VPYRk8&feature=channel_page

There's a very cool "bug" with the 5 column springboard. If you have over 144 apps when upgrading from an older version it will automatically extend the page limit.

I've asked the developer to look into it and create a program that can raise it with regular 4 columns but so far he has not been willing. If there are any programmers out there who want to take a shot at it I can show you how it was done.

--------- Instructions ---------

You can get the .deb file at: http://r-ch.net/dropbox/fcsb-0.55.deb

Upload it to root's home via SFTP, and run 'dpkg -i fcsb-0.55.deb' and
    'killall SpringBoard' as root via SSH to install.

Then just download the latest version of 5 column springboard from cydia and the page limit is will be raised!