8gig Ipod Touch??

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Tsylord, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Tsylord

Tsylord New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'm buying the 8gig Ipod touch V2 (the one with the pre installed apps) tomorrow since my original Nano took a trip through the washing machine and have a few questions.

1) If I jailbreak it will I loose the pre installed things on it?
    2) I've herd about a program called Ziphone, will it work on my touch and what does it do?
    3)Is Safari fast on the touch?
    4) What kind of case do you recommend?

Thanks
  2. Redshift

Redshift New Member

1) Yes, you should be able to keep the apps, because even if you restore it you can resync with iTunes, and iTunes has a backup of those apps.
    2) ZiPhone jailbreaks firmware version 1.1.4 for iPod touches and iPhones.
    3) Yes, Safari is relatively fast. Not as fast as it is on your computer, but pretty fast for such a small device.
    4) I'm not sure, I don't own a case. I like to be able to see and feel it's sleek sexiness. Plus it doesn't damage easily. I've dropped it a dozen times or so carelessly without any worry and almost nothing of concern has happened to it at all.

Hope this helps.

Also, there is a small possibility that you could revive your old iPod. Try sticking it in a bowl of white rice or kitty litter for a day or so. Worth a shot, if you haven't tried. In fact, I got my touch a little wet once. Nothing was wrong with it except that it thought it was charging even when it wasn't plugged in, which made it automatically turn on by itself when I tried to turn it off. But sticking it in some rice to absorb any water fixed it.
  3. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

1)You shouldnt and you can just jailbreak your ipod and install them that way
    2)Just upgrades your jailbroken firmware
    3)Yes quite fast but no flash that actually works
    4)Cases are a pain but i do recommend a simple screen protector that is invisible it just makes me feel better lol
  4. jordanpooph555

jordanpooph555 New Member

Thanks theat cleared some stuff for me to

Not
  5. dle24

dle24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    lol
    ahhaha
  6. Tsylord

Tsylord New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yah, its been gone for about a month now, when it did get washed it spent 4 loads in the thing until we found it.
    Thanks for all the help guys.
  7. ronjon13

ronjon13 New Member

don't get a case, the screen WILL NOT SCRATCH! unless you try really really hard. i have min in my pocket with keys and pens and it is fine. apart from the back which, like all ipods, scratches.
  8. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Well, the iPod touches screen does scratch after a while of use. It doesn't scratch easily though. I've had my touch for nearly 4 months, about 2 months ago roughly a dozen small light scratches sprang up in the lower left corner of the screen, not sure how it happened, but it's not too bad regardless.
  9. KINU 44

KINU 44 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have a 8 gb "V2" i bought it on feb. 28th, and it had the update on it. i jailbroke and did not run into any problems...but on ZiPhone 2.6b i had to do the NVRAMM fix.

answering the Q's:
    1] No, you wont loose them.
    2] It puts "Installer" on it,This allows you to browse 3rd party Apps and install them for free, unless you donate.
    3] If you have a good internet connection, Yes.
    4] I bought the "Crystal Jacket" case from the Apple store the same day. It's great! it has a clear screen protector and a clear backing. then theres a hard plastic shell that covers it up. it was only 30 bucks also. and i think its made by Power Support. for info go to: www.Powersupportusa.com