8GB or 32GB? Help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bstevenhaagen, Oct 2, 2010.

1. bstevenhaagen

bstevenhaagen Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    OK..so i know this has probably been asked a bunch of times...but I'm trying to decide between an 8GB or 32GB iPT4. I don't have a lot of money...and I only almost just have enough for the 8GB...but not sure if I should save for the 32.

I only have about 60-70 songs...maybe a couple of videos and around 20 pics. I think i had about 60 apps on my old iPod. I'd like to do some video recording too...but not a lot.

Any suggestions? I keep hearing 8GB is not enough.
  2. Relapses Wrath

Relapses Wrath Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I chose the 32 GB just incase

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Emanresu

Emanresu New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'd say 32 gb because you get four time
    For memory for 70 more dollars plus there
    Gonna be somempretty memory intensive apps so get 32. Un less you don't have a lot of
    Money get 8gb you have to add videos to a folder or something to save memory
  4. wtfiwantgames

wtfiwantgames Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    bout 60-70 songs...maybe a couple of videos and around 20 pics. I think i had about 60 apps on my old iPod. I'd like to do some video recording too...but not a lot.
    that's what i have right now and i still have 3.8gb left. 8 gb is enough for me
  5. micky13

micky13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Well lets look at it. We'll say each song is 5mb. So 5mb X 70songs = 350mb approx. For videos, movies, tv shows? I'll say a rough 2gb. 20 pics, nothing, well somethings but very little. 60 apps, average maybe about 1-3gb. However say each app was 100mb, that would be 6gb. So lets add that up, 350mb + 2000mb + 2000mb = 4350mb. About 4.4GB. Which would leave you about 2.5gb for video recording and any extra videos or something. So it looks like 8gb could probably be enough for you. However if you plan to expand your library, download more apps, etc in the future, you might want to get the 32GB.
  6. Ryuuie

Ryuuie New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I know how it is to not have enough money, so I hear ya. That's why I was stuck with an 8gig 2nd Gen last year.

Anyway, I have a 32gig now and I can tell you, it's VERY worth it to save up. I have almost all of my 42 apps on it, still have enough for a bunch of music and some videos. It's worth it, especially since the new iPods can record in HD and HD video can and will eat up some space.
  7. Shaquille

Shaquille New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    8 GB the things you have is more than enough for what you have.
  8. ipodtouchpwns

ipodtouchpwns New Member

It really depends on how much video you want to shoot, and how often you'll be able to transfer the video to your computer.
  9. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    get whatever you have the money for, i had a 8gb 2g filled it and got a 32gb 3g and filled it now i have a 64gb 4g half filled
  10. Shaquille

Shaquille New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Will you use the camera btw I don't but I don't know for you.