8gb or 16gb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 300 Spartans, Nov 3, 2007.

1. 300 Spartans

300 Spartans New Member

i couldnt find my first post on this question in search so ill just ask again

im getting my touch on the 22nd. my parents wont buy me the 16gb cuz it is 400 dollars but i might have 1000-1500 songs after jailbreaking and sh*t will i be out of room on a 8gb?

so should i just return the one i get and pay 100 more dollars myself? which i really dont want to do

all answers are appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

maybe if you explain to your parents that your music collection won't fit in the 8gb version they may let you get the 16gb instead, but you can check how much memory your songs take at the bottom of itunes. will you plan to put movies? and jailbreaking it doesn't take that big of space, like 300mb.
  3. 300 Spartans

300 Spartans New Member

ill prob have 4-6gb of music

most likely 5
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I agree, tell your parents you will give them the extra $100 before they buy it, so that you won't have to go through the return process. The size you buy is completely up to you, but I have found in the past, it is always better to buy the bigger size.... Once you start converting movies, and getting a larger music collection (my music and video collection is over 500gb) then you will want more than 8gb. I bought the 16gb, because I know that when I go on trips, I will want at least 10 movies on there with room for lots of music. If you don't see yourself ever needing more than 8gb, then buy that one. It's up to you.

If there had been a 32gb for $100 more than the 16gb, I probably would have paid it.
  5. 300 Spartans

300 Spartans New Member

my ipod currently -- 4b mini -- i kno i kno when i first got that 4 years ago i was lazy and didnt make my own library i just plugged it into my bros comp and got every song in his library so today im gonna put every album on my guess is ill have 1000-1200
    how many movies will i be able to fit on? i was hoping 5?
  6. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

a movie usually takes from 700 to more than 1 gig of memory so you may get maybe 2 or 3 on it, not sure though
  7. 300 Spartans

300 Spartans New Member

i just remembered... i have a portable dvd player

8. rainman

rainman New Member

Just because you have movies and music in your itune collectin doesn't mean you have to cary it all around with you everytime you go out. You can sync it every once in a while to customize it for your needs at that time. Why would anyone want to ccary around a bunch of movies and tv shows that they've already seen and will likely never watch again?
  9. jakeummsi

jakeummsi New Member

id get the 16. yeah its 100 dollas extra. but hey, its twice the space.
  10. williamoforangeIT

williamoforangeIT New Member

dude dont even think about it.... just get the 16GB it is far more better deal.....