8gb or 16gb?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Karandash, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Karandash

Karandash New Member

Hi :>
    So i want to buy an iPod Touch 2G but im not sure if i should get one with 8GB and 16GB.
    I want to have like 100 Songs on the iPod Touch and a lot of Apps,Videos and Games...
    Also i want to put Wiki2Touch on the iPod Touch (Someone told me that Wiki2Touch takes like 1 GB)...
    btw i also want to Jailbreak it so i hope you could tell me which one would be better ^^
  2. stxyzthipod

stxyzthipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well i would go for the 16GB because you have double the space i have an 8GB jailbroken and i have 120 apps 300 songs and no movies (if you have alot of movies get the 16GB) and i have 2GB of space left but it all depends on the memory of the apps and the movies but i think you should get the 16GB
  3. DeamonFish

DeamonFish Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    @stxyzthipod your so helpful lol

@Karandash I think you should get a sixteen gig, i have (had its off to repair and gets back today) and i had 1006 songs (4.6GB) And little to no pictures and about 1GB of "other" (Jailbreak), 4GB of apps and saves (to the apps).... and still had about 9GB left... I would have filled an 8GB iPod....
  4. stxyzthipod

stxyzthipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

If you get the 8gb you will get up to 8gb of data you will wish you got the 16gb. I wish i had got a bigger capacity because i want all my movies on it but i cant thats why im getting a bigger ipod, so if you have alot of movies then defo get the 16gb.
  5. DeamonFish

DeamonFish Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol i love not paying for iPods, lol this kid couldn't get his iPod touch 2g 16GB to work so i traded my 2G 1GB Shuffle(my dad won the shuffle @ work) for it lol, turns out his sync cable was faulty and the ipod was in recovery mode...

OT: (you know my stand point, i am just going to start chanting) 16GB 16GB...... to lazy....
  6. ipodtouchpwns

ipodtouchpwns New Member

Yeah, it amazes me how little people know about iPods. I bought a broken 16GB that was still in warranty for $75 from someone, sent it in to Apple, and am getting a new one back for free.

To the OP:
    Definitely 16GB as everyone else has said. The 8GB is only good for songs, photos, and apps. Forget putting video on there. It's just not big enough.
  7. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    like every one else said get the 16. But with the new 3g didnt they discontinue that and replace it with the 32? You will be surprised how fast 8 gigs will go. I already filled my 16 and had to delete apps and music.
  8. Tsukoi

Tsukoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It depends on how many videos you're going to be putting onto the iPod.
    I have around 6 Pages of Applications, and they take up about 1.5 GB In total.
    If you add that to your Music, which is apparently only 1GB, That's 2.5GB, Plus the 1GB For Wiki2Plus, is 3.5GB.

Leaving you with around 5.5GB Free for Videos only.
    I use Videora to Convert my Movies, which usually end up as the movie file being 300 - 700MB On average.
    So that, right there, is 11 Movies, 100 Songs, at <b>least</b> 6 Pages of Applications, Depending which ones, and Wiki2Plus.

If you're intending on getting more than that, grab a 16GB.

9. Blackhaze

Blackhaze Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would get the 16 gig i wish i had a 16 gig but im stuck with this 8 gb.
  10. Tsukoi

Tsukoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm in the same boat as you, Blackhaze.
    :\