8GB or 16GB?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by utternutter, Sep 29, 2008.

?

What's your iPod capacity?

1. 8GB

21 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. 16GB

36 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. 32GB

25 vote(s)
    32.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. utternutter

utternutter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm totally new to all things iPod but am going to get a Touch and am quite excited about it! It's either the 8GB or 16GB one and I'd appreciate it if you can help me out with some advice on which way to go.

I have maybe 1000 songs but would like sufficient space to expand my collection, at a moderate pace - I won't be getting a few hundred new songs in a few months, obviously. Don't really plan on using it to store photos or movies. Maybe a couple of videos. Definitely some apps and games.

Well the 16GB is obviously better, but it also costs more and I'm saving up for something. Will the 8GB do, for what I am going to use it for? Or should I splurge the extra and get the 16GB, which will be more cost effective if I do indeed need the extra storage space? But then again, newer and cheaper models will come out and I can always get another if needed?

To those who have the 8GB Touch, do you find that it's plenty of space as it is?
  2. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

8GB runs out of room way too quick, 32GB is awesome if you have a high interest in Music, Videos and Apps, but I have a 16GB iPod touch. It's lol..enough. Best thing I've bought in a long time.
  3. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yeah 8GB does run out far too quickly.
    I have about 6 Gigs of music and after putting that on, a couple of episodes of South Park and a couple of jailbroken apps I had already filled up about 11!
  4. Hoagie52

Hoagie52 New Member

big asyou can

I would get the the 32gig if you could afford it. It a devise that you will have for a long time you will fill it up. Spend the money now since you cannot add more memory.
  5. kee

kee New Member

when the ipods first came out i bought the 16gb about 3 months later the 32gb were released and i really wish i got the 32. 8gb will fill up in no time, 16gb might take a lil while for you but i would recommend the 32gb since like Hoagie52 said, you will have this for a long time and you will fill it up over time. when you buy your new ipod make sure that you also get the extended warrenty. thats alot of money to throw away if it breaks on ya
  6. iTouch#1fan

iTouch#1fan New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I have an 8, and it is not nearly enough! I'd say 16 is enough, but if you can afford 32 go for it!
  7. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have 8gb and i never had a problem with the memory
    i have four pages of apps videos songs photos
  8. Hoagie52

Hoagie52 New Member

i think it depends on how you use it if i only had enough for the 8 gb i could have made due but i saved a little for it and was able to blow some money on it.
  9. Strygwr

Strygwr New Member

Definetly 16gb, I am actually running out of space on that. But 8 gb would be ric*ckulously low, I mean I have 1500 songs and its already full 10 gigs...of course the bitrate your music has been recorded will vary the size, but still. Go for 16 or 32.
  10. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    I say if you have the money get the 16gb simply because bigger is better. I'm waiting until the 2g is jailbreak-able then I'm going to sell my GH3 for wii and my 1g iPod touch then save up some more money to get the 16gb 2g.