8gb MC model; My internal speakers are really quite

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 432521, Aug 1, 2010.

1. 432521

432521 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    So I got my new ipod touch 8gb with my new macbook pro like around the beginning of July. I did not open it until this morning because I wanted to wait so I could jailbrake right away. My problem is that the internal speakers on this thing is really low. I mean like low low I can barely hear my music when I have the volume fully up. I even tested it out on games that I downloaded and I can barely hear them either. Can someone help me? Like what should I do?
  2. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Check to see if somehow you have a volume limit maybe? I remember with my old 1g nano you could turn it up all the way but if there was a volume limit the decibles coming out wouldn't go past the certain point even though the screen said it was on max.

Try headphones maybe. Just a wild thought might be that the ipod might think you have headphones in or something.

Also, reboot if you haven't already. Power it all the way down then back up.

Last resort would be to restore with itunes, although i doubt that'll fix it.
  3. 432521

432521 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I did a restore and it doesn't help. I mean I have the volume on full blast and barely anything is coming out compared to my sis 8gb I think mb model. I tried with headphones and the volume works fine but then when I try to listen through just the speakers it is impossible.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    To put this into prosepective. When I click letters let say in the Notes app I can't hear the click unless I put the earphone jack up to my hear. Even with my old 1st gen I can hear it when I am holding it regularly.
  4. daitem11

daitem11 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    dude same situation with me my bros itouch plays way louder and its an mb model i think its jsut the way they were made...
  5. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's not good if you can't hear it unless it's next to your head

Please Register or Log in to view images

I can hear mine from metres away. Check for a volume limiter and if it isn't limited and you can't live without a normal performing speaker then go get a refund/replacement.
  6. 432521

432521 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    So yours is not as loud either? Is that the way it is supposed to be? Where MC models built so that the speakers would be "softer" then the MB models?

So your is a 8gb MC model and your speaker is loud? And I checked the volume limiter in the settings and It is at full blast so I don't think that is the issue
  7. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My speaker is as loud as my friend's 2G MB. But my friend's 3rd Gen 32GB is noticeably louder. So I dunno. It could just be that every speaker is different.