8GB MC iPod Slow after Wallpaper & Multitasking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chilliwilly1000, Aug 6, 2010.

1. chilliwilly1000

chilliwilly1000 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello, I have just jailbroken my iPod touch 2g MC model and enabled multitasking and homescreen wallpaper. I noticed that the performance became sluggish for some reason... Should I restore before enabling multitasking and homescreen wallpaper fix the problem?

Please reply down there!
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    In future, please give your thread titles some sort of relevance.
  3. Sawz

Sawz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The performance will not be improved, your iPod was not meant to have wallpapers or multitasking for that reason exactly.
  4. richardarkless

richardarkless Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There are some tweaks under the ios4 section that could speed up your idevice

The most easiest way would be to ssh into your idevice, go to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and delete all the shadow images

To find all of them quickly make a search for Shadow with the capital s in the springboard.app folder and all the shodow images that it finds can be deleted

Its very safe, all they do is obviously adds a shadow to things like the multitasking switcher, icons, wallpaper and folders

I find that kinda funny and I think it was deliberate, if apple didnt add those shadows then the 2g devices like the iphone 3g and ipod touch 2g could handle these features

Remember to respring and afterwards it will feel faster
  5. SamStewart

SamStewart New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Happens to me aswell.... it's because there not supposed to have them, because there is not a fast enough processor, like the iPhone 4