8GB Help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ovetrick, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Ovetrick

Ovetrick New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey everyone, new here, obviously, so first of all, hello

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyway, as you may have guessed I got an iPod Touch today 3G today, 8GB though. I have had a look at the stickys breifly, and all over the internet, and can't find any help. Is there any way at all an 8GB model with 1.1.2 firmware on can be jailbroken, or will I just have to wait?

Really sorry if this is a constant question and I just add to the list of idiots, and if it is already mentioned. I had a quick look, but sorry if this is a stupid thread.

Thanks for any help

2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    A 3rd generation iPod Touch can not be on firmware 1.1.2
  3. Ovetrick

Ovetrick New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I meant 3.1.2, wow, thats a great start at not making myself look like an idiot, ha

4. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You can use blackrain to jailbreak, although it is a tethered jailbreak.
  5. Ovetrick

Ovetrick New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I was looking at doing that, but while reading a guide I noticed it said 8GB models are not able to use this Jailbreak. Is this still the case?

Thanks for your help

6. pss

pss New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Download blackra1n. Dirt-simple jailbreak. The only issue is that you have to connect it to your PC to restart it after that (but it's not permanent, if you don't like that you can restore and have normal resets again.)

There is an untethered jailbreak in the works. Well, actually Chronic says he's delaying the release of an untethered jailbreak but I really think he's still working on it because exploits take forever to find.

And, for you this is all moot: You have the 8GB 3G, which is the same as the 8GB 2G, and thus, can be untethered with redsn0w.
  7. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    This is no longer the case. Just make sure you have the latest version of blackrain.
  8. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    I jailbroke my 8gb with Blackra1n it should work for you. Just restore if it doesn't work.
  9. Ovetrick

Ovetrick New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Regarding this, do you mean that I can use redsn0w to get an untethered jailbreak, or is it just information for me to know? Sorry for the questions, I am quite new at this.

Another thing, I take my iPod to College, and don't always use it. I won't switch it off, but if it locks, like I don't use it for a few hours or so, does that mean I will need to reboot the jailbreak, or is that only the case when physically turned off?

Thanks guys

10. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    @pss No, the third generation has an updated boot rom (I think :/) and thus IS TETHERED.

@Ovetrick Use blackrain to jailbreak, putting it to sleep will not require you to run blackrain again ONLY physically turning the device off will require you to run blackrain again.