8gb 3g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 2fast4u5, Apr 22, 2010.

1. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Everywhere I go on the internet, I see "8GB 3G MC" What is MC exactly? Is the 8GB actually part of the 3rd generation line? Some people say it's a 2nd generation running 3rd generation firmware.

Can anyone make this clear? (I'm still doing research on the 3rd Generation iPod Touches and am considering getting the 8GB)
  2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    In Settings > General > About, scroll down to Model and you will see a series of letters and digits starting with - in this case- an "MC". This indicates that you have an iPod touch 3g.

Although it didn't really receive any hardware updates, it's technically considered to be one. So yes, it is part of the 3rd generation line.
  3. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't have an iPod Touch yet, but what does the "MC" actually mean? and is the 8GB the only one that didn't get any hardware updates out of the other 32/64 gigs?
  4. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Don't believe it's an acronym for anything. I think it's just an indication for the generation number. And you're correct; the 8GB was the only one that wasn't updated.
  5. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ahhhh, ok thanks :] Do you know if it will have an update?
  6. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The iPod touch is usually updated with new hardware in September. Of course that would make it the 4th generation and the model "MC" might change to something else entirely.

In the software department, 4.0 is coming out in a few more months.