8GB 3g vs 32GB 3g - should I exchange?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by muskamike, Dec 23, 2009.

1. muskamike

muskamike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I used to have a 2g 8GB, jailed it, all great. Sold it, and for my bday, wife got me 8GB 3G.

I've been out of the loop for about 7 months now, but form what I can tell, Blackrain tethered isn't that big of a deal and eventually an untethered jailbreak will be out.

My concern is actually the CPU speed with the 8GB 3g? Is it really the same as 2G? And is the 32GB 3G faster? Help me out with some specs would be great as Im about to upgrade my firmware and Jailbreak the 8GB...

Merry Christmas
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yes, the 8gb 3G is the same as the 8gb 2G. The 32/64gb 3G models have a faster processer, more ram, and can support higher graphics.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Upgrade.
  4. muskamike

muskamike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's another 100$, thats why I was asking. (32 -300$) Oh well, I guess I will. Maybe I'll try the jailbreak on the 8gb, see whats new.

Thanks for the replies
  5. KickinWing

KickinWing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry but that's just kind of funny. Sell your old iPod and get a brand new one, except it's basically the same thing. Well at least you have an iPod touch again. Definitely upgrade, though.
    Reason I say this is because I learned the hard way that going half way and not getting what you know you really want will only result in regret later. If ya know ya haint gunna think back in a few months "Man I wish I had more space" or "Man I wish I had the faster version of this" then stick with what you have. Like I said, at least you have a touch.
  6. muskamike

muskamike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I wanted it mainly for Skype and when I had to go to school, I needed the cash. That was the reason for selling.

Agreed though, I think I would regret not having the space, regardless of speed. I just wish it was like 250 or something, 300 is steep.
  7. new2pod

new2pod New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would say upgrade... the 32gb is $269 on Amazon right now w/ free shipping.