8gb/16gb?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Scrub, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Scrub

Scrub New Member

I planning on buying an Ipod Touch, well.. getting it for christmas, but I want to know if there are any drawbacks to getting the 8GB over the 16GB, reason being.. the 8GB is on sale.

I'm definitely planning on jailbreaking it, so how much memory does that take up.

and roughly how much space do average applications take up, I want to put SNES/NES emulators on there with games n stuff.

Thanks.
  2. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

Jailbreaking does not take much space it self (around 100 megs w/ a well round of apps) so either models would support it well. Deciding on which ipod to get will depend on how much songs and videos you have/you want to store in your ipod touch at a given time. Also the price is a deciding factor.

Other than that, each NES game takes less than half a megabyte for most of the games.
    If your thinking about GBA games for the gpSPhone emulator, they take around 4 to 8 megs on average.

PS, there is no SNES emulator for the ipod touch, so you wouldnt be able to play snes games :/
  3. Scrub

Scrub New Member

No SNES emulator?!?! NOOO.. lol oh well, no big deal.

That's the info I needed to know, thanks a lot man. I'm getting the 8GB now

Please Register or Log in to view images

I only have really less than 4gb of music I actually enjoy listening to on a regular basis so 16GB would be too much, the other 4gb can be apps and stuff

Can't wait until christmas, gonna be awesome.
  4. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

well..no difference,except you can have 2X the songs,photos and videos...if you dont have many videos or movies(always delete them after i guess),just get the 8GB one
  5. jmccnz

jmccnz New Member

Dont forget the operating system takes up a 1.2 gig

My 16gb only has a 14.8gb capacity so your 8gb will have 6.8gb capacity
  6. KingPelvis

KingPelvis New Member

I got the 8GB since I figured that I will probably replace it in two years anyway. (I have a perfectly good Nano which I have used very little and I still couldn't stop myself from getting a Touch). I figured that all those songs and film clips would be more than enough.

BUT IT'S NOT! I wish i had gotten the 16GB! I am a film buff and I simply need to have a lot of moving imagery on it. Now I have to change parts of the content every two or three days because I cannot fit all I want. Which of course isn't a tragedy. Just would have gotten the 16GB had I had to choose today. It's like a hard drive. You ALWAYS run out of space.
  7. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

actually, we get 7.3 gigs of free space
    You should have got a media player with far more space than the ipod touch :/ like the ipod classic or if you wanted touch screen and web browsing, the archos 605 wifi
  8. drewdown904

drewdown904 New Member

I would go with the 8GB. I just bought mine yesterday, and its got plenty of space even after jailbreaking and loading all the apps on it.