8G Or 16G Touch. DECISIONS?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jpod712, Oct 12, 2007.

1. jpod712

jpod712 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok I'm debating getting a 8 or 16 touch. I only have about 4g of music used on my ipod video as of now. i would put all of that and maybe a 1/2 gig more over time. I plan on jailbreaking my touch and adding apps, but not many. For the most part the only apps that interst me are maps.app, notes.app and if they fix the calendar function. SOOOO. My question is, I probably am going to go with the 8g unless someone points out there would be insufficient space. in that case i just might have to wait a lil' longer and get the 16g.
  2. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

8GB would be best for you I think, I chose the 16GB just because I have over 10GB of music, plus the movies and the photos too. Plus the 16GB is only 14.84 GB (may be because of the software.. I don't know)

I think the 8GB has about 7GB really, but I can't remember exactly.
  3. lunarlie

lunarlie Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i have the 8gb and i have a small library like you and i still have a little over a gig of space left
  4. djricekcn

djricekcn New Member

if you only have about 4 gigs and thinking about adding 2 gigs more, get 8 gigs. I personally got 16 gigs because I have a huge music collection stored onto my computer.
  5. iStealth

iStealth New Member

I plan on getting 16GB cause I know I will be kicking myself over time with the 8GB version after D/L movies and TV shows.
  6. Frost71

Frost71 New Member

I think iStealth has it right. You may only need the 8 today but what about a year from now when you want to d/l a movie and it needs a full gig on it's own. You can never have to big a hard drive.
  7. fury

fury New Member

If you're like me and never used an iPod before, you can't rely on counting how much content you have to put on it right this moment. I only had about 5 gigs of music and 2 gigs of podcasts and other stuff. When I got an 8 gig to try out, I was left wanting more space. I filled that sucker up so quick, and still wanted to put more on it. When I got a 16 gig of my own, it felt much less restrictive on how many videos etc I could store on it. Actually, it's almost full again :X so I was like, I'm glad I didn't talk myself into settling for the 8. Even though you may not have much to put in it now, assume you will.

Get the 16 gig. When they refresh the touch next year with twice the capacity, you will feel less inclined to splurge again and get the bigger iPod.
  8. jpod712

jpod712 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks for everyones opinion. but noone metioned anythign about how much mem jailbreaking takes as well as some apps?