8G iPod Touch Double Fail (HELP)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Geron, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Geron

Geron New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, so this happened.
    I spilled Taro Milk Tea on my iPod Touch. (google it)
    it worked while it was still wet but then it turned off, I washed it (but I didn't full on soak it, i just used a wet cloth) and then I took it home, because I was at the city with my friends.

When I got home I plugged it into my computer and it worked, although.. ==" my little cousin started playing the game Waterslide on it, and it turned off.
    it has never been able to FULLY turn on.

When I plug it into the computer, it makes that ding-dong sound, and on my iPod is a pic that says plug the usb into itunes.

Then on iTunes it says, "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode, you have to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes." and I click restore..

It finishes loading 'Extracting software'
    and it starts loading preparing iPod for restore, it finishes half way through and then the iPod disconnects from the computer. =="

it doesn't let me go into DFU mode for some reason..

Please Register or Log in to view images

these are the steps i take when i TRY to go into DFU mode:
    Plug the iPod into the computer
    Hold the power and home button for around 30 sec
    let go of the power button but keep your finger on the home button
    and then it should be in DFU mode..

the second step doesnt work, so the whole thing doesnt work.
    when i hold the power + home, it just goes to the connect usb to itunes pic on the iPod.

please help! D:
  2. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well DFU mode is holding the power and home for 10 seconds then releasing the power and holding the home until it is detected in DFU by iTunes.

But what you need to do is to put your ipod in ziploc bag and but rice around it so that you cant see the ipod from the outside. This technique has saved many ipods. (i know it sounds dumb) The rice is super-absorbant of water and will absorb the water out of the ipod. Leave it in there for a day or two.

If that doesnt work you really cant do anything about water damage. And it would be violating your warranty if you tried to give it to apple. (they have a way to tell if the ipod has been exposed to water)
  3. Geron

Geron New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i've done that already, but with jasmin rice, would that still work?
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Sounds like it's fried. That's too bad.
  5. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    R.I.P Geron's iPod sorry mate
  6. Geron

Geron New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    NOOOOOOO!!

but... it still turns on when i plug it into iTunes..
    does that happen when it's fried?
  7. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have been down this road. I know it SUCKS. I have a few suggestions. First are you Jailbroken? If so, try to get to a stock firmware, Doesn't matter which. Look in the headphone jack with a good light. LED works great. At the VERY end of it there will be a circle, about the size of the jack opening itself. It will be either white, pink or maybe Blue? I had one that was half white after I had a mental moment and cleaned it... Under a tap!. The worst thing you can do is turn it on. I know it's an instinct. By turning it on you complete a circut and it's wet. Corrosion is your enemy. You can do any of the following, Call apple and tell them it won't turn on. Go through their Bull sh*t and then send it in the box that will arive in the mail. Assuming your under warrenty. If they tell you it has water damage when it returns call them again with the case id and tell them that the headphone jack was white when it left your house. An apple rep made me buy the $80 applecare warrenty and had me sent a new one!. So I did fairly well there. Worse comes to worse, i've heard bleach will change the color to white again.

Hope this helps.
  8. Gertlex

Gertlex New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you at least try doing DFU mode properly?
  9. Geron

Geron New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok thanks Supertouch.
    Any Mod can close this post now.

Thanks for your help everyone.