8g and 16g flash size

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bigcam112, Feb 7, 2008.

1. bigcam112

bigcam112 New Member

he i recently bought a 8g touch and am very satisfied with it.... but i just read a post saying things about the new 32g one and how it will have a bigger flash.... is there a diffrence between the 8 and 16 gig? if so is it worth me second guessing my purchase? any answers would help thanks a lot
  2. stekkerbox

stekkerbox New Member

thats a very hard question i need to think about this... hmmm
  3. bigcam112

bigcam112 New Member

so whats the diffrence in size of flash?
  4. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    To save you from flaming ill answer your question.

The flash means the memory chip inside the ipod. The difference is shown with the 8, 16, or 32 GB capacities. Each has a different amount of flash memory.
  5. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

Yeah the flash is the amount of memory so the 32 gig has 32 gigabytes of flash
  6. energie19

energie19 New Member

What you are thinking about is Flash from Adobe. Flash is a kind of memory which are used in USB Thumb Drives. There is not a Flash player (from Adobe) in the new iPods if that's what your thinking about.
  7. bigcam112

bigcam112 New Member

ok so maybe it is just a misunderstanding... ok ill ask it this way... i used bosstool to clear up some space by relocating fonts... boss tool says something about two partitions... this is more what i was trying to say then i guess flash just wasnt the right wording... so between the two partions that boss tool says in in the memory are the memory sizes the same?
  8. bluemike97

bluemike97 New Member

Ill make it simple. Flash is memory, more flash more memory.
  9. bigcam112

bigcam112 New Member

ok well im understanding now i guess.... can someone tell me what BossTool is doing then when it is relocating the fonts? and what the reason to "relocate" them if memory is flash and flash is memory i guess meaning its all the same =/
  10. peter0328

peter0328 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apple has formated the flash memory to have 2 partitions. That means they divided it into two parts. One part is for the OS, and the other is for files from iTunes and such. The OS partition is 300mb, most of which is taken up by the OS itself. When you move fonts and other things, it frees up space there for other things by putting them in the Media partition.