802.1x Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thinkaboutit, Mar 30, 2008.

1. thinkaboutit

thinkaboutit New Member

For somebody that knows about corporate networks, does anybody know if once the 802.1x support is available in June 2.0 release, what else is needed to gain corporate wireless access? I have the wireless key, 802.1x in june, check...is there anything else? I guess what I don't know is if the company set up a mac address "list" as well. Granted all corporate systems are different but does anyone have any thoughts on this aspect? I know a lot of people are expecting in June to access their school networks and all, so was wondering if the mac address is another factor that would prevent it.
  2. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If mac address filtering in is place, there is nothing you're going to be able to do on your end.

I don't understand what the problem is now - I can connect to WPA and WPA2 wireless networks right now, with 1.1.3 fw.
  3. hyperforcegoku

hyperforcegoku New Member

holy shizznet yo they have 802.11 a-z omg wtf
  4. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ah my bad... he meant 802.1X

Assuming you have your domain login, you should be good to go.
  5. thinkaboutit

thinkaboutit New Member

"If mac address filtering in is place, there is nothing you're going to be able to do on your end."

Perhaps the mac address could be spoofed, to an existing mac from a computer that is rarely used. I think there was a way to do that, I will have to google it. Would be a last resort. Thanks all for the responses.