802.1X - College Wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by elfusca, Oct 10, 2007.

1. elfusca

elfusca New Member

I cannot access my College Wifi because the Ipot touch does not support 802.1X . But I was just wondering (as I think this is a software issue) if it is possible to get a third party application which could solve this problem. I have searched the web about this issue and I have found that:
    http://db.tidbits.com/article/9182

Could somebody explain to me if I will be able to use this application on my ipod touch (after it is jailbroken), where I could get another application which will work or who I could ask for programming such an application.

It is a very important issue for me because without wifi it is kinda useless to have an ipod touch instead of an ipod nano or classic.

Thank you,
    elfusca
  2. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

it doesnt even support it. i think it is a hardware thing. i say you cant do it
  3. elfusca

elfusca New Member

did you read the article in the link. it sounds like this is a software issue.
  4. elfusca

elfusca New Member

5. bklynsoulja

bklynsoulja New Member

i dunno what 802.1X means...but i can log in wifi in my cuny college...i just enter the wifi connection than go safari and it sumhow as i am loogin to a page it automatically goes to the college page where i enter my username and password inorder for full function of being online such as loggin in my aim offically...soo basically my i touch works on college wifi crapp...if that whole thing i wrote just now is not 802.1X than forget what i just wrote lol
  6. elfusca

elfusca New Member

It is not 802.1X. The Iphone and Ipod Touch do not support 802.1X yet. But that is only a software issue and I hope Apple will fix it with next update or there will be a third party application which fixes this issue hopefully. I would work on this by myself but I do not know what to do. I would be very pleased if somebody could help me. Maybe somebody know how to get a 802.1X Connection with the terminal or something like that.